POCO, one of the smartphone brands under the Xiaomi smartphones, releases pocket-friendly modern smartphones. It is famous for always working with a budget-friendly range.
One such POCO smartphone is POCO M2. Let’s know more about the smartphone and the specifications it’s offering.
The interface provided to POCO smartphones is by MIUI, just like the Redmi devices.
Key Features of POCO M2:
The MIUI version 12 provides an interface to the smartphone and many inbuilt applications line-ups. Other Key Features of POCO M2 Pro are:
○ Android 10 with MIUI 12
○ 4GB RAM
○ 64GB internal storage
○ Battery: 5000 mAh
○ Type-C USB Port.
○ 8 MP Front-camera & 13 Rear-camera
○ Size: 6.5 inches
○ Starting from INR 12,999
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP software provides root recovery for android devices with UI. It allows installing software images for android recovery and backup. TWRP is used over default android recovery software due to its controllable features provided to the user.
- It creates/restores the backup from the different storage devices.
- It allows the custom installation of firmware.
- It cleans and repairs the various android partitions.
- It also allows debugging of the broken parts.
- It provides a touchscreen UI for the installation of third-party firmware.
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root on POCO M2?
- Download the TWRP APK link from the browser on the desktop and unzip the folder downloaded.
- Open the folder and copy the file named ‘recovery.’
- Paste the ‘recover’ file in the TWRP installer folder and open the file named
‘TWRP installer. ‘
- Long press on the Lock button and power down button to allow Fast booting. This will only happen if the bootloader is unlocked in the device.
- Now connect the device to the desktop through cable and press any keyboard button to display the instructions on the screen.
- Press ‘Enter’ to start booting and power on the smartphone.
A few options get displayed on the screen of your smartphone. Click on ‘Apply Reboot’ to start the recovery process.
It is considered to install a bootloader software for the root and backup of devices like the POCO line of smartphones, giving the user an overall excellent performance score. TWRP providing essential features to protect the smartphone from any uneven malfunctioning is an excellent software to use for the same.